My Christmas gift to my parents this year was a very nice, fresh, and flavorful dinner. Mom loves salads and sweet colorful food and my Dad loves salmon and wild rice. I found these two recipes and they go incredibly well together for a filling and delicious meal. My parents and my grandmother absolutely LOVED this and kept going back for more 🙂
Christmas 2013 Dinner:
- Ginger Roasted Salmon
- Pomegranate, Wild Rice, and Kale Salad
- Vanilla Panna Cotta with Pomegranate Jelly
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 (6 ounces each) center-cut boneless salmon fillets, skin on
- 1 Tablespoon(s) seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoon(s) grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoon(s) honey
- 2 teaspoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
STEP 1: Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with a rack and spray with cooking spray.
STEP 2: If carving salmon, place skin-up on a cutting board. Cut the tail area off (thinnest part), then cut salmon in half twice for 4 nice fillets.
STEP 3: Place salmon skin-down on rack.
STEP 4: In a small bowl whisk together vinegar, 1 teaspoon ginger, honey, and oil until well combined.
STEP 5: Pour 1 teaspoon of the mixtures over each salmon fillet – season with salt and pepper. Divide second teaspoon of ginger and add to top of salmon.
STEP 6: Roast until just cooked through – 15 to 18 minutes.
STEP 7: Serve immediately.